- Stores the optimized files in the cache folder for faster page loads
- Compatible with caching plugins like WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
- Enable for logged in users (not recommended)
- Available options to remove or ignore enqueued scripts and styles
- Optional button in the admin bar to clear scripts and styles
- Includes an option to remove script type attributes for HTML5 validation
- [New Feature] Added an option to enable/disable caching. Turn caching off to process scripts on every page load in order to debug potential script or style conflicts.
- [New Feature] Added a cache lifespan option. If your site doesn’t change often, it would be beneficial to choose the Manually Refresh option.
- [New Feature] Added the ability to output script info on the front end of the site. Make sure to disable this for production environments.
- Fixed a bug with the optimization behavior select not having a previous value
- Verified compatibility up to WordPress 5.5
- [New Feature] Added an option to minify OR concatenate only. This could be helpful when trying to track down any issues sites may have due to optimization.
- Updated minification library to the latest version. Fixes a few bugs.
- Fixed an unset variable error for remove_script_type and remove_style_type
- Verified WordPress 5.0/Gutenberg compatibility. Optimize Scripts & Styles will work along-side the Gutenberg blocks scripts, but the Gutenberg blocks handle their own enqueue, concatenation and minification.
- Tweaked localized script output to only remove the type=’text/javscript’ if that option is set in the admin
- Added location (header or footer) to the cached files description
- The plugin no longer initializes on AJAX requests
- Added a hash to the script handles to allow them be unique. This fixed a problem with Gravity Forms using AJAX
- [New Feature] Added an option to remove type=’text/javscript’ from script tags so that HTML5 sites can be W3C compliant (other optimizations may be needed)
- [New Feature] Added an option to remove type=’text/css’ from style tags so that HTML5 sites can be W3C compliant (other optimizations may be needed)
- [New Feature] Added an option to REMOVE scripts and/or styles. Add script or style handles to the list and they will no longer load for the site
- Modified the Clear Optimize Scripts action to better handle a variety of existing query string formats
- Removed the type=’text/javscript’ that SPOS scripts output for localized data
- Cosmetic udpates to the admin area
- Added a Refresh button to the cached files area for easier testing
- Fixed a bug with the Clear Optimized Scripts button in the admin bar not having the correct link when viewing the admin via SSL but having a non-SSL front-end to the site
- Added activation message to remind admins to enable the options
- Added a check for file extensions to make sure only css and js files are included
- Changed the order to include optimized styles before all ignored styles
- Separated the Ignore Settings to provide a better description for usage
- Fixed a bug that output duplicate localized data
- Changed menu title to Optimization
- Updating missing SVN files
- Optimize Scripts & Styles now has an admin screen under Settings!
- On/off for scripts optimization
- On/off for styles optimization
- On/off to enable optimization for logged in users
- On/off to show the Clear Optimized Scripts quick link in the admin header
- Added the ability to ignore specific scripts
- Added the ability to ignore specific styles
- The admin page has a Delete Cache button
- Added a section to view cached scripts for debug & fine-tuning
- Added a section to view cached styles for debug & fine-tuning
- Removed gzip – this should be done in the .htaccess file if possible
- Removed a default exclusion of a Visual Composer stylesheet
- Added a check for all styles being ignored. A flag file will no longer be generated
- Changed absolute paths to use WordPress’ built in features
- Added better cache clearing for W3 Total Cache & WP Super Cache
- Major update in the way header/footer scripts are managed
- Much more reliable in making sure everything gets loaded in the right place
- Added .txt to flag files to make it easier to open them
- Added comment to footer when not logged in
- Added comment to footer when logged in
- Changed script version in wp_register to match filemtime to encourage caching/refreshing in browsers
- Disabled for logged in users
- Fixed an issue where the script wasn’t ignoring css files that were in $ignore
- Added js_composer_front to ignore since it’s causing an issue with minification
- Major update
- Cleaned up files
- Added minify! (always on)
- Added gzip (turned off – still testing)
Added check for file_get_contents http wrapper
Added in support for conditional stylesheets
Would you like to see a new feature or need to report a bug? Use our contact form to describe your feature request or issue and we’ll be happy to take a look.